Terms & Conditions
Subscription Service T&C’s
The content and services (“the Content”) available on the MTC.mobi portal and USSD menu are licensed to you as a user (“you”) subject to the terms and conditions contained herein
By accessing, downloading or subscribing to receive the Content, and/or making use of the Content Subscription Services you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein. The provision of the Content and the Content Subscription Services is governed by the applicable legislation.
The Content is provided to you at a fixed recurring fee, which may be daily, weekly, or monthly (in the case of subscription services) or at a once-off access fee, as described in the description or advertisement of each Content Subscription Service. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand these fees when opting-in to receive access to the Content and/or when making use of the Content Subscription Services. All amounts stated on the advertisement for the Content Subscription Services are inclusive of VAT.
Prior to being granted access to the Content, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the associated fees by completing MTC’s double opt-in process. No billing will take place against your account and you will not receive any Content until this double opt-in process is completed.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees exclude data, SMS, MMS and associated delivery and access charges. Standard data, SMS and MMS charges apply.
If a daily charge for your subscription fails due to you having insufficient credit in your account, you remain liable for this charge while your subscription and service remains active and this charge will be recovered at a later date. This means that you may be charged more than once in a single day for a daily subscription with the first successful charge being for the current day and any subsequent charge for prior days where charging for the amount due, failed.
The Content and Content Subscription Services made available to you is either owned by MTC or licensed to MTC, by the owner of the Content.
Any and all copyright and other intellectual property rights associated with the Content remains the property of MTC, or of the original owner in the case of licensed Content.
You are only entitled to use and store one (1) copy of any unique item of Content made available to you.
The Content is provided to you for personal use only. You are expressly prohibited from forwarding, duplicating, replicating, reverse-engineering or otherwise manipulating the Content for use in any way.
You are responsible for ensuring that unauthorised persons do not gain access to the Content or make use of the Content Subscription Services wherever reasonably possible. You will be held liable for any breaches of these terms and conditions, should an unauthorised person gain access to the Content and use it in any way prohibited. by these terms and conditions.
Notwithstanding the double opt-in process, you further agree that you will be liable for all charges and fees in connection with the provision of Content and/or use of the Content Subscription Services by any third party, either authorized or unauthorized by yourself.
If your SIM Card and/or devices are lost or stolen then you must immediately inform MTC so that we can protect your interests and blacklist your devices from further use and/or block the use of your SIM Card. You will remain liable for all charges for the Content Subscription Services until you have asked us to block further use of your SIM Card and/or devices. You will not be liable for any charges incurred in respect of these Content Subscription Services by any unauthorised person after you have requested us to block your SIM Card and/or devices.
MTC may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions, in its sole and absolute discretion, and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. MTC will notify you before MTC amends or otherwise changes the terms and conditions.
Each time you access the cell.mobi website, the MTC USSD Entertainment Menu or respond to a promotional message distributing the Content you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, as may be modified from time to time.
You may cancel the Content Subscription Services at any time by sending an SMS containing the relevant “STOP” command to 14788 (this SMS is free). The applicable “STOP” command to the Content you have subscribed to will be provided to you by SMS when you complete the double opt-in process
Customer Support can be contacted on Whatapp 0811500100, by dialing 12000 or you can email email@example.com.
You have the right to approach MTC to lodge a complaint in accordance with the MTC WASP Code of Conduct complaints procedure.
The MTC WASP Code of Conduct can be accessed at //connectsms.mtc.com.na/ImgMTC/CodeofConduct.pdf
You agree and confirm that you are over the age of 18 years and are authorised to access,
make purchases or payments, and/or make changes to any account, personal information
and associated profile settings on any of the Content Subscription Services available to you.
In the event that you are not the account holder and/or are not authorised to make use of the
relevant Content Subscription Services, you declare that you have obtained the necessary consent for access to and/or to make changes to the relevant accounts, personal information, profile settings, as well as make purchases and payments.
No refunds whatsoever will be made on termination of your Content Subscription Services.
MTC reserves the right to immediately suspend the Content Subscription Services should any fraudulent activity be suspected, and if the outcome of an investigation proves that fraudulent activity did occur, MTC shall be entitled to terminate the Content Subscription Services immediately.
MTC and any of its agents, directors, affiliates, members or employees shall not be responsible in any way for claims, loss or damages (either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise), arising from a customers’ use of the Content Subscription Services.
MTC has the right to withdraw, or shorten the duration of the availability of the Content Subscription Services in its sole and absolute discretion and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against MTC in this event.
Any words, views or opinions expressed anywhere in the Content does not in any way reflect the views and opinions of MTC.
By agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions of use, you give MTC the necessary consent to send you targeted direct marketing messages based on historical subscription data. You are entitled to opt out of these direct marketing messages with the applicable “stop” command provided to you in such messages.
Updated: February 2022
MTC Content Club Airtime Promo Campaign – Terms and Conditions
- The campaign is open to all prepaid and postpaid customers who subscribe to any MTC Content services.
- MTC Content services shall refer to all content categories available on the MTC Content Club Portal that can be access on *101# and *682#.
- Customers who are actively subscribed to MTC Content services within the week, are automatically put into a draw and winners are randomly selected at the end of each week.
- The customers stand a chance to win N$180 airtime vouchers weekly during the campaign period.
- The Campaign shall run from 16 August 2021 to 3 November 2021, both days inlcuded
- You understand and agree that you cannot exchange your prize for cash.
- Should there be any inconsistencies between these Terms and Conditions and anything that refers to this campaign, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- MTC’s decisions regarding the winners is final and as such MTC shall not enter into any correspondence regarding this campaign’s results or any other decision MTC may make in respect with the campaign.
- All Weekly winners will receive an SMS with their voucher pin by the following Wedneday.
- MTC reserves the right to verify, by whatever means necessary, your eligibility to participate in any of the above mentioned Promotions.
- All participants agree and authorize MTC – for the purposes of this Campaign – to identify, be announced as the winner’s, have their names, images or photographs taken and published in the media which may include print, television, press and internet (at no additional cost to MTC). Failing to agree will result in such a participant forfeiting the prize to the next alternative winner.
- Should the winner be a minor or under the custody and control of his or her parent(s) or guardian, then the minor shall provide full particulars and proof of identification of said parent(s) or guardian to whom the Prize will be delivered. Such particulars and proof shall state, inter alia, the nature of the relationship between the winner and the parent(s) or guardian concerned. Such Prize shall be registered in the name of the parent or legal guardian.
- Once the winners have taken possession of their prizes, all risk and responsibility associated with the prizes passes to the winner and MTC will in no way take responsibility or assume any liability for, or in connection with, the prizes or the use thereof.
- MTC reserves the right to review and change this campaign’s rules and format, or cancel it altogether.
- MTC reserves the right to disqualify any customer from participation in this campaign in light of any malpractice or manipulation of results that MTC believes to have taken place.
- As proof of ownership the winner must produce the handset and SIM card used in the campaign, with the winner’s Identification Document, if required.
- By participating in this campaign, the participants are bound and subjected to all the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign.
- MTC shall be indemnified against any technical errors beyond its reasonable control.
- If due to any act or omission, this campaign does not run as planned, including problems with infection of computer virus, tampering, bugs, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures and/or any causes beyond the control of MTC, which affect or corrupt the process, administration, security, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this campaign, MTC reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the campaign, subject to any regulations.
- MTC reserves the right to amend, cancel, suspend or terminate this campaign at its own discretion. The participants agree to indemnify and hold MTC harmless and its employees, board of directors, agents, suppliers, from the and against any and all claims, liability, loss, expenses, suits, judgments, demands and costs (including all reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of (i) the acts or omissions of campaign participants or (ii) any accident, injury, or death to persons or loss of or damage to property, or fines and penalties, in whole or in part, except to the extent that such damage is due solely and directly to the negligence of MTC.
- MTC’s standard Terms and Conditions apply.