Terms & Conditions
General Rules of the MTC Content N$50 000 Airtime Giveaway Promotion (“the promotion”)
It is important that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions in order for you to participate in the Promotion.
- This Promotion is organised and sponsored by MTC in partnership with Mobile Content Africa. The MTC airtime voucher prize giveaway is open to all Postpaid, Prepaid and TopUp MTC customers who subscribe to specific MTC Content Services during the Promotion Period (defined below).
- Directors, members, partners, employees or agents of or consultants to MTC, or their sponsorship agency, or spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates of such persons are not eligible for the Promotion and cannot win prizes.
- The promotion will run from 20 February 2019 until 30 April 2019 (“the Promotion Period”).
- You understand that all information (including these terms and conditions) relating to this Promotion published on any promotional or advertising material or on our website at any time before or during the Promotion Period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry. MTC also has the right to withdraw this Promotion before the final day.
- MTC reserves the right to withdraw this Promotion or amend the terms and conditions of this Promotion at any time before the Promotion Period is over, in its absolute and sole discretion, on notice to you.
- *101# and http://mymtc.mobi content services – Number of airtime vouchers to be given away – 8 000 (2000 x N$10 airtime vouchers plus 6000 x N$5 airtime vouchers) if subscribed to any of the content service available on the *101# USSD menu or on the http://mymtc.mobi content portal as advertised.
- You understand and agree that you cannot exchange your prize for cash. MTC reserves the right to substitute or exchange any prize with another prize of similar commercial value without notice, in their sole discretion. You will not have a claim against MTC in this instance.
- In the event that you are a postpaid subscriber and are selected as an airtime winner but due to the nature of the package you subscribe to with MTC are unable to use the airtime on the mobile number you used to participate in the promotion, you may elect to have the airtime awarded to an alternative number by forwarding the PIN awarded to you to the number you wish to credit.
- How to participate and awarding of prizes:
- To participate in the promotion, you must subscribe to an MTC mobile content service on the *101# USSD menu or the http://mymtc.mobi content portal during the promotional period.
- Once you have met all the conditions set out in paragraph 3.1, you will automatically be entered to stand a chance to win.
- MTC airtime voucher prize winners will be contacted by SMS from the 101 MTC Shortcode – between 1 May 2019 – 3 May 2019.
- MTC reserves the right to verify, by whatever means necessary, your eligibility to participate in this Promotion.
- Any prize that is not claimed for whatever reason will be forfeited.
- If you are a winner:
- If you are an MTC airtime voucher winner, you will be contacted by SMS from the 101 shortcode with an airtime voucher pin.
- The judges’ decision is final. Draws will be reported on in MTC
- MTC cannot be held liable for the interception or loss of your personal information while transmitted, stored or processed across the internet, including social media sites and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
- User data collected via the Promotion will not be used for any other purpose than for the
- It is important that you understand that all participants in the Promotion and winners indemnify MTC, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this Promotion.
- MTC may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion on notice to you and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. By participating or continuing to participate in the Promotion, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
Subscription Service T&C’s
The content and services (“the Content”) available on the MTC.mobi portal and USSD menu are licensed to you as a user (“you”) subject to the terms and conditions contained herein
By accessing, downloading or subscribing to receive the Content, and/or making use of the Content Subscription Services you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein. The provision of the Content and the Content Subscription Services is governed by the applicable legislation.
The Content is provided to you at a fixed recurring fee (in the case of subscription services) or at a once-off access fee. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand these fees when opting-in to receive access to the Content and/or when making use of the Content Subscription Services.
Prior to being granted access to the Content, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the associated fees by completing MTC’s double opt-in process. No billing will take place against your account and you will not receive any Content until this double opt-in process is completed.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees exclude data, SMS, MMS and associated delivery and access charges. Standard data, SMS and MMS charges apply.
The Content and Content Subscription Services made available to you is either owned by MTC or licensed to MTC, by the owner of the Content.
Any and all copyright and other intellectual property rights associated with the Content remains the property of MTC, or of the original owner in the case of licensed Content.
You are only entitled to use and store one (1) copy of any unique item of Content made available to you.
The Content is provided to you for personal use only. You are expressly prohibited from forwarding, duplicating, replicating, reverse-engineering or otherwise manipulating the Content for use in any way.
You are responsible for ensuring that unauthorised persons do not gain access to the Content or make use of the Content Subscription Services wherever reasonably possible. You will be held liable for any breaches of these terms and conditions, should an unauthorised person gain access to the Content and use it in any way prohibited. by these terms and conditions.
Notwithstanding the double opt-in process, you further agree that you will be liable for all charges and fees in connection with the provision of Content and/or use of the Content Subscription Services by any third party, either authorized or unauthorized by yourself.
If your SIM Card and/or devices are lost or stolen then you must immediately inform MTC so that we can protect your interests and blacklist your devices from further use and/or block the use of your SIM Card. You will remain liable for all charges for the Content Subscription Services until you have asked us to block further use of your SIM Card and/or devices. You will not be liable for any charges incurred in respect of these Content Subscription Services by any unauthorised person after you have requested us to block your SIM Card and/or devices.
MTC may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions, in its sole and absolute discretion, and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. MTC will notify you before MTC amends or otherwise changes the terms and conditions.
Each time you access the cell.mobi website, the MTC USSD Entertainment Menu or respond to a promotional message distributing the Content you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, as may be modified from time to time.
You may cancel the Content Subscription Services at any time by sending an SMS containing the relevant “stop” command to 14788 (this SMS is free). The applicable “stop” command to the Content you have subscribed to will be provided to you by SMS when you complete the double opt-in process
No refunds whatsoever will be made on termination of your Content Subscription Services.
MTC reserves the right to immediately suspend the Content Subscription Services should any fraudulent activity be suspected, and if the outcome of an investigation proves that fraudulent activity did occur, MTC shall be entitled to terminate the Content Subscription Services immediately.
MTC and any of its agents, directors, affiliates, members or employees shall not be responsible in any way for claims, loss or damages (either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise), arising from a customers’ use of the Content Subscription Services.
MTC has the right to withdraw, or shorten the duration of the availability of the Content Subscription Services in its sole and absolute discretion and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against MTC in this event.
Any words, views or opinions expressed anywhere in the Content does not in any way reflect the views and opinions of MTC.
By agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions of use, you give MTC the necessary consent to send you targeted direct marketing messages based on historical subscription data. You are entitled to opt out of these direct marketing messages with the applicable “stop” command provided to you in such messages